It’s my birthday YEY! I’m 25… It’s going by so fast.
I think I haven’t been this happy about it being my birthday since I turned maybe 19. And honestly I don’t know why but I’m just moon level happy today! Maybe it’s because the way I look at my life has shifted?
Today I bring you 25 peaces of wisdom(?) I’ve learned in these 25 years I’ve been a person. It’s just good to sometimes look back, just to see how far you’ve come!
- Work hard, but always stay humble!
- Saying NO sometimes is not a bad thing, don’t be afraid to tell what’s on your mind. Be yourself.
- The best things in life totally aren’t things.
- You are lucky to be wherever you are, because you’re alive and you’ll make it work sooner or later. Be grateful.
- You never stop learning.
- Don’t cross your hands when you are riding a bike, I assure you that you WILL fall. I tested it, multiple times, never worked.
- Short hair never means less work.
- You won’t have time to do everything, but you will find time for the things you truly love and enjoy.
- Working is far greater and more fulfilling than studying, but only if you do what you love.
- Surround yourself with people that love you and want you to grow. Let the other ones slip away.
- No matter how much work you put into something, it still might not turn out good enough. And that’s okay, you don’t need to be perfect.
- Having said the point above, when you finally achieved something you’ve worked so hard towards to it’ll be the best feeling ever.
- Take care of your body and soul.
- Try to save money as much as you can (this is soooo hard, I just love matchy-matchy equestrian attire so much).
- Being in love and feeling you’re loved is the most powerful thing.
- Spend time with your family, create good memories to grab onto.
- If you feel the need to cry, do it. You’ll feel better after.
- Stop apologizing so much!
- Trust your gut.
- Have an open mind, don’t be quick to judge others.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Bad decisions make good learning experiences.
- A walk (or ride) in the nature is one of the best ways to cleanse the soul.
- Help your friends.
- By this time your parents/boyfriend figured out that horses aren’t just a phase.